Resources to Begin Planning Your Vegetable Garden
You may be thinking to yourself, “planning a vegetable garden already?!” Yes! Now is the time to start researching what you want to plant, especially if you are starting from seed.
For those of you in the Hamilton area, Saturday February 6th, is Seedy Saturday! Seedy Saturday is an annual event held by the Hamilton Community Garden Network. You’ll find seed and garden supply vendors, garden workshops and educational demonstrations, as well as a seed exchange and garden book exchange. How neat is that?! The event runs from 10am to 3pm at McMaster Innovation Park, so don’t miss out!
So while I’m away this week, I’m keeping it simple and sharing some great resources for you to check out in the meantime.
- Eight Seed-Starting Basics by Canadian Gardening
- Vegetable Garden Planning for Beginners by The Old Farmer’s Almanac
- Vegetable Gardening for Beginners by Gardener’s Supply Company
- How to Plan a Vegetable Garden by Better Homes and Gardens
- Planning a Vegetable Garden by Garden.org
Get your paper and pen ready and begin jotting down notes and plans!
What vegetables are you thinking of growing this year?