Spring Knitting Plans
Following up from my Winter Knitting Plans, the past few months have been very productive, with the exception of the last two weeks. An injury earlier in the month, and now sewing projects, have cut into my knitting time (and blogging time), but now that I’m feeling better, my knitting desire has come back full force! Here is a recap of what I accomplished from my winter plans, what I’m working on now, and what I’ll be casting on soon!
- Ryan’s Sweater – I’m so happy to say I finished Ryan’s sweater! And the best part – it fits him perfectly. The arms felt like they were never ending at one point, but finally I was able to finish them off, as I wanted to cast on the Lila pullover for myself. Motivation!
- Tambourine Cardigan – Whenever I wear this project, I will always think about our trips to Orlando, Florida and Ann Arbor, Michigan. This was my travelling project and such a joy to knit. The details along the button band mixed with plain stockinette was a great combination to keep it easy and entertaining. I’m so in love with the colour too! Normally I stick to neutrals, but this bright golden yellow tone by Julie Asselin is gorgeous, especially in this pattern! One of my favourite projects to date.
- Catenary Hat – Before winter ended, I needed to finish one more hat, of course! I love knitting hats, since they are a quick knit, particularly between sweater projects.
- Lila Pullover – This was the first time I’ve knit a sweater from the top-down, and it went by so quick! It’s the perfect fitted pullover (since all my others have been oversized, hehe) and the colour is a neutral to go with everything. Again, I began slacking while knitting the arms, but finally finished it and have worn it at least 2-3 times/week since.
- Pi Shawl – I began this project as part of Handknit Yarn’s Zimmerman knitalong and it’ll be the first knitalong project I haven’t completed by the due date but I will continue to work on this hopefully sooner, rather than later, as it’s the ideal spring/summer shawl. I know it’ll get lots of wear once finished.
- Penguono Sweater – At the beginning of the month, my friend and I decided to plan out Penguono sweaters after seeing the wonderful ladies from Handknit’s completed Penguono’s for their Stephen West knitalong. This project is the reason I’ve been slacking on my Pi shawl! We are knitting it together, and both currently on the sleeves. I need to start knitting some more and finish this project, because I know once it’s done, I will not want to take it off!
- Lena Tee – In two weeks, the Summer Knitalong begins at Handknit Yarn Studio, and I’ve chosen this classic tee as my project. I’ll be using this beautiful toffee coloured, silk and cotton blend yarn, and need to swatch for my gauge before the knitalong begins. I’m really looking forward to knitting with this yarn and not knitting sleeves!
- Lila Light Pullover – Remember that second Relax sweater I mentioned I was going to knit with the fino simple? Well, now I’m determined to knit up a second Lila! This one will be the light version, make in a fingering weight (the fino simple in my stash), with a shorter body and three-quarter length sleeves.