10 Sweet & Savoury Recipes To Try For St. Patrick’s Day!
We’re almost halfway through March, which means longer and hopefully, warmer days ahead of us (so far so good!). It also means the Irish holiday is fast approaching! Whether you are going out to a local pub to enjoy some green beer, partying it up at a friend’s, or staying in at home, I’ve put together a list of 10 sweet and savoury recipes for food and drinks to enjoy next week. And if you don’t have any plans right now, maybe you’ll be inspired to try a few new recipes and have some friends over at your place!
- Irish Soda Bread – Definitely a classic and something I love to make every year
- Chocolate Mint Brownie Milkshake – A small twist on the classic Shamrock shake!
- Creamy Lime Squares – A little citrus for a fresh, yummy dessert
- Matcha Oreos – A matcha fan? These are for you!
- Guinness Float – I’ve actually never tried a float before, is that weird?! This is on my list this year!
- Chocolate Guinness Cake – Let’s not forget a classic chocolate stout cake
- Irish Grilled Cheese – An Irish twist on a classic
- Iced Whiskey Coffees with Whiskey Syrup and Whipped Cream – Need I say more?!!
- Irish Beef and Stout Stew – Some comfort food if you’re looking for a cozy night in
If none of these are quite your style and you’re looking for some fun, classic cocktail recipes, check out Canadian Living’s 10 Irish Cocktail Recipes. Looking for more inspiration for cooking and baking with beer? Brewtrippers has some great recipes they’ve tested out and shared! Chocolate Stout Truffles? Yes, please!
I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day! Remember to be safe out there, drink responsibly, and never drink and drive. Happy Friday!
I’d love to know if you have a St. Patrick’s Day tradition!